Just like the expression, ”Run for your life,” can potentially save your life, that also holds true for singing!
According to the latest news from Healthline.com, singing can produce such health benefits that can enhance the moment, improve your environment and remove negative energy in a way that few other easy-to-do, Free-to-do activities can!
When I’ve spoken-up for myself, in the face of adversity or other’s superiority, I was asked, “Just who do you think you are?!”
Actually, that’s a very good question.
Here’s what I think:
You ask, “Why should I change? Everything is fine.”
But the reality is, ‘everything’ is not fine.
Having to face the realities of conflict, chaos, confusion, jealousy, bitterness, resentment & depression is a painful thing …without even considering all those other feelings!
I remember sitting on the couch in my parents’ living-room, with tears rolling down my face, my heart racing, my ears burning, and that anxious desire to jump up and run out of the door!
But I needed them to understand me! And, what’s more, they needed me to understand them.
It was urgent enough for me to stay and work it out, so that I could sleep better, laugh at jokes again, and to free myself from the cage of anger where I had lived for years!
Now, years later, I realize that the lessons I learned from my parents are invaluable to my success! I am actually living the life of my dreams! I’m happy, not that I don’t have problems, aches & pains. But I have succeeded at what I wanted to accomplish, with the motivation to experience more and new, and create and re-create…That’s where I live everyday!
Now I realize that change is often a good thing, because it leads to growth!
When we accept the need to make a change, we open the window to possibilities beyond what we know.
Why change? It could be that you will actually feel a ‘rush’ of ‘new air’ as you inhale a refreshing renewal of spirit!
“I am ______________________.”
(Fill in the blank with the word of your Choice!)
What are you thinking about right this moment?
Did you know that all of the things that you are seeing right now began as invisible Thoughts?
Your very thoughts are powerful, so choose carefully.
Worry, strive & anxiety have been a part of my life for so long that it seemed normal. I got used to it. I woke in the morning, worried about my bank account. “I need to check it to be sure it’s not overdrawn…again.”
During the day, I became angry when someone was rude, or interrupted me when I was speaking. “Ooo, that really irritates me when she does that!”
So much anxiety about what tomorrow will bring…or Not bring!
Then, one day, a friend noticed that irritated expression on my face, & began to talk to me about it. She went from talking about me, to talking about God. That wasn’t something I expected to happen… But I found myself listening & answering her questions about why I was upset. She seemed genuinely concerned, and that was so different for me, And comforting to me!
Later, I found myself reading the Bible app that I allowed her to add to my phone during this little “talk.”
As I read through the scriptures, the words of Jesus spoke to me, and I found even more comfort as I read.
Soon, I became addicted to that app, looking at it whenever I had some “down-time,” in the doctors’ office, sitting in bed, or whenever I was alone.
Something had changed.
I don’t actually remember when, or where or how. But there is definitely something different going on inside my heart:
- I’m more aware of my finances, so I don’t even need to check my bank account each-and-every day!
- I put my trust in God, because, I know that if I can’t pay a bill, all I have to do is call on Jesus, then call the bill-collector. And things will work out, even if it doesn’t turn out the way I expect.
- I’m calmer, somehow. Things don’t irritate me like thing used to irritate me. “What did she say? That’s crazy!” I’ll say to myself with a laugh.
Jesus has actually made me “light.” He’s made me laugh. In His presence is joy evermore! That secret place is where I want to be every day and every night! ~ Wrapped in His Love!
It’s Raining Outside, The Kids Can’t Go Outside, & I’m Getting a Headache! (Use Music for Inner-Healing)
No doubt, this is a stressful time for all of us. If you’re like most families with small children, the challenge of “staying home” is a major one!
- For one thing, today, it’s raining and windy. So the children need to stay inside.
- For another thing, our apartment is small, the rooms seem to have gotten smaller,
- And the children’s playtime seems to have gotten louder!
If you’re like me, you’re seeking refuge from so-much stress, right about now!
So, what to do? Get angry? Cry? Scream? May I make a suggestion?
I disappear into the bathroom with my smartphone, log onto a shopping website and fantasize about a beautiful, glowing blue Chakra strand bracelet on my arm, while I’m sitting at my favorite Café, drinking my favorite drink…with my favorite friends!
Crystals help me go deep inside my soul & remember to be grateful for those precious memories, that make me smile, as the tension fades and a dazzling light shines behind my closed-eyes, & I begin to heal from within.
Lucky for me, I actually have a Lapis Lazuli crystal sitting on the bathroom window-ledge, I turn-on the water & by the way, the sound of running water sounds “mighty” soothing!
Inhale, exhale, relax. Open your eyes, come out of your loneliness, & laugh with the children!
Fluorescent light, Crystal Skies – Listen now!
Early church tradition affirms that apostle Peter was the author of this letter, First Peter.
Indeed, the purpose of this letter was not to provide a record of the life of Christ, but instead, Peter was encouraging Christians with the comforting spiritual realities behind the persecution they faced.
Peter wanted to emphasize — JESUS, THE OVERSEER & CHIEF SHEPHERD — of all Christians, and when He appears, those who have a relationship with Him will, also, be glorified.
7 casting all your care [anxiety] upon him, because he [“Chief Shepherd”]
cares for you. https://youtu.be/qkOFKPJQ6a8
13 Peace to you all, who are in Christ Jesus. Amen.
I encourage you —
…to memorize Philippians 4:6-7.
“In nothing be anxious;
but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”
That word…Entreat, appeal, beg, petition, beseech, plead, invocation, request, solicit, urge, pray!!
And the peace of God, [there’s nothing like it; you can’t buy it!]
which passeth all understanding,
• shall guard ..shall keep…
• … your hearts (Yes, your heart hurts, but only for a while),
• and your mind & your thoughts, (You’re preoccupied with the heartache, but only for awhile),
enjoying life…smiling and sharing more love…in Christ Jesus.”
According to Sleepfoundation.org, music can help you to relax and actually, sleep better, longer, wake refreshed, and perform better during the day!
But before the use of music for ‘a sleep-aid’ comes together, to impact your night, it’s important that you’re listening to the right kind of music. Music that is upbeat, or too loud, may not be helpful at all. It’s better to listen to soothing, slower music.
The thing is, what works for one person, may not work for another person. So it’s a good idea to try out different forms of sounds and find something that is soothing to Your ears! You will want a sound that reminds you of a calm scene or memory.
Here’s some tips for using music to help you sleep…
- Try closing your eyes while you browse your choices, considering the way the sound makes you feel. (Relaxed? Bored? Excited?)
- Use a streaming program, if possible, avoiding anything that offers “commercial breaks,” that will interrupt the calming feeling and relaxed frame-of-mind.
- As you listen, imagine yourself sleeping. This exercise, alone, you may find relaxing!
- Once you’ve chosen the sound you want, create a playlist of similar sounds, so that the feeling created by the music, remains the same, allowing you to maintain that same frame-of-mind.
- Notice the length of your playlist. Is it 30 minutes in length? Or 120 minutes? Consider how long it will take you to fall into a relaxed state of mind, and that’s how long you’ll want your playlist!
- Finally, try listening to your playlist at times of the day other than bed-time. What feeling does it bring when you’re active? If you find it relaxing during the day, it’ll probably work well tonight!