No doubt, this is a stressful time for all of us. If you’re like most families with small children, the challenge of “staying home” is a major one!
- For one thing, today, it’s raining and windy. So the children need to stay inside.
- For another thing, our apartment is small, the rooms seem to have gotten smaller,
- And the children’s playtime seems to have gotten louder!
If you’re like me, you’re seeking refuge from so-much stress, right about now!
So, what to do? Get angry? Cry? Scream? May I make a suggestion?
I disappear into the bathroom with my smartphone, log onto a shopping website and fantasize about a beautiful, glowing blue Chakra strand bracelet on my arm, while I’m sitting at my favorite Café, drinking my favorite drink…with my favorite friends!
Crystals help me go deep inside my soul & remember to be grateful for those precious memories, that make me smile, as the tension fades and a dazzling light shines behind my closed-eyes, & I begin to heal from within.
Lucky for me, I actually have a Lapis Lazuli crystal sitting on the bathroom window-ledge, I turn-on the water & by the way, the sound of running water sounds “mighty” soothing!
Inhale, exhale, relax. Open your eyes, come out of your loneliness, & laugh with the children!
Fluorescent light, Crystal Skies – Listen now!
Some things, I just cannot handle! Take these heavy cares off of me… They are Yours, Lord.
Help me now! And I see You working. Thank You!
Early church tradition affirms that apostle Peter was the author of this letter, First Peter.
Indeed, the purpose of this letter was not to provide a record of the life of Christ, but instead, Peter was encouraging Christians with the comforting spiritual realities behind the persecution they faced.
Peter wanted to emphasize — JESUS, THE OVERSEER & CHIEF SHEPHERD — of all Christians, and when He appears, those who have a relationship with Him will, also, be glorified.
7 casting all your care [anxiety] upon him, because he [“Chief Shepherd”]
cares for you. https://youtu.be/qkOFKPJQ6a8
13 Peace to you all, who are in Christ Jesus. Amen.
I encourage you —
…to memorize Philippians 4:6-7.
“In nothing be anxious;
but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”
That word…Entreat, appeal, beg, petition, beseech, plead, invocation, request, solicit, urge, pray!!
And the peace of God, [there’s nothing like it; you can’t buy it!]
which passeth all understanding,
• shall guard ..shall keep…
• … your hearts (Yes, your heart hurts, but only for a while),
• and your mind & your thoughts, (You’re preoccupied with the heartache, but only for awhile),
enjoying life…smiling and sharing more love…in Christ Jesus.”
According to Sleepfoundation.org, music can help you to relax and actually, sleep better, longer, wake refreshed, and perform better during the day!
But before the use of music for ‘a sleep-aid’ comes together, to impact your night, it’s important that you’re listening to the right kind of music. Music that is upbeat, or too loud, may not be helpful at all. It’s better to listen to soothing, slower music.
The thing is, what works for one person, may not work for another person. So it’s a good idea to try out different forms of sounds and find something that is soothing to Your ears! You will want a sound that reminds you of a calm scene or memory.
Here’s some tips for using music to help you sleep…
- Try closing your eyes while you browse your choices, considering the way the sound makes you feel. (Relaxed? Bored? Excited?)
- Use a streaming program, if possible, avoiding anything that offers “commercial breaks,” that will interrupt the calming feeling and relaxed frame-of-mind.
- As you listen, imagine yourself sleeping. This exercise, alone, you may find relaxing!
- Once you’ve chosen the sound you want, create a playlist of similar sounds, so that the feeling created by the music, remains the same, allowing you to maintain that same frame-of-mind.
- Notice the length of your playlist. Is it 30 minutes in length? Or 120 minutes? Consider how long it will take you to fall into a relaxed state of mind, and that’s how long you’ll want your playlist!
- Finally, try listening to your playlist at times of the day other than bed-time. What feeling does it bring when you’re active? If you find it relaxing during the day, it’ll probably work well tonight!
Life is a congregation of choices & decisions.
What will you choose today?
“Our world is a joint creation. We have the power…[and we, each, have a profound affect] on those around us!”
From, “Healing Our World” by Mary Ruwart
When we try to control others, we ourselves, become the Controlled.
Like a stone thrown into a quiet pond, our actions and reactions have a rippling affect …outward…affecting our world.
One action towards our neighbor, ripples outward into the community, affecting our “world.”
It goes without saying that the holidays bring on added stress. On top of everything else we’re dealing with, including aches & pains, overdue bills, the expectations of others…just to name a few, we’re dealing with buying gifts, managing the budget, while cooking for relatives that we don’t see everyday, and balancing demanding schedules! No wonder we’re stressed!
But remember, the holidays is about so much more than gift-giving and parties.
So, take a breath, relax and remember this universal fact:
All of life is about sharing our feelings of love …It’s about friends and family and community. Without that love, nothing else really matters. I mean, when it’s all said and done, the love and the memories are all we will have remaining!